Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Phishing Scheme: Hi, I’m Stranded In London and...

It is good practice to routinely change your passwords to minimize this sort of thing from happening. It is also wise these days, and affordable, to protect your family with ID Theft Shield.

5% of ID Thieves are caught, mainly because no one has the means to fight back.

I offer Identity Theft Shield for about 40 cents a day. Learn more by watching this video - A midlength spot on the growth of identity theft and related criminal activity, as well as how to protect yourself. Featuring former SC Representative and identity theft expert John Gardner, this video explains how personal information is leaked, the damage that victims suffer, and the value and opportunity to be found in services designed to protect one's identity. My contact info is on the video.
Hi,

I really don't mean to inconvenience you right now but I made a quick trip to the UK for the holidays, and I lost a bag which contains my passport and credit cards.

I am the real person mentioned in this email and I thank you for posting this so more people will not be fooled. I have a lot of lovely friends who have been calling me non-stop to see if I am okay. I am fine. Someone clearly hacked into not only my aol account but my facebook and collected a lot of nearly believeable information about me. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. I am grateful to all the caring people who have called me and others both willing to help should I actually have been in need and were concerned about the nature of this scam. Whatever you do...DO NOT SEND ME MONEY! I am fine and not in London!
blog it

No comments: