Monday, November 2, 2009

What do I do if police frisk me?

What do I do if police frisk me?

If police detain and frisk you, you have the right to clearly state your refusal to consent to the search. For example, you may say "Officer, I'm not resisting. I do not consent to this search."

But you should only verbally refuse. Never physically resist. Just touching an officer could get you tasered or beaten. You could also get a felony charge for assaulting a police officer.

If you believe you were wrongly frisked, consider filing a police misconduct report.

 blog it

No comments: